Monday 23 January 2012

V slack

Ooh, I have discovered that I am rather too lazy or half soaked to write my blog too often. However I do have an excuse. I have been away for a few days to Stratford Upon Avon.

It was very relaxing - on the whole. My sisters and I booked a bargain in the Best Western 'sale'. The hotel was pleasant and 5 mins walk from the town, the theatre and the beautiful Avon. Unfortunately they had  made an error in the booking and it took 20 mins on arrival to 'sort' it out. The following day the receptionist (who had made the original booking) called us back as we walked the lobby and began berating us for 'misunderstanding' her! I have never been told off by a member of staff in a hotel before. I don't go on holiday to be told off - I could have stayed at home for that!

The hotel were hosting a murder mystery weekend (no, we did not attend it), I noted that on the forthcoming events board they were promoting a Fawlty Towers evening. I wonder if they were practising for it?







No comments:

Post a Comment