Friday 13 January 2012

Great Expectations

A report states that post Christmas is the busiest time for divorce lawers, with more divorce petitions filed in January than any other month. Why is that do you think? Does the 'closeness' of the festive season, the family get togethers and the dashed expectations become just too much?

I can't be the only one who has been given an entirely inapropriate present, although I may be the only healthy eating (ie. no fried food) person to have been bought a deep fat frier!

A friend tells me that, following a row with her partner, he bought her a box of chocolates and pushed them through the letter box, I responded that it was nice that he had tried to make it up (even with such a small box of chocs that they would fit through the letter box) - before she informed me that the chocs were from Aldi!  

No, I suspect that, to misquote Robert Graves, scores of women are having relationships with entirely unsuitable men:

Why have scores of such lovely, gifted girls
   Married impossible men?
(A Slice of Wedding Cake)





No comments:

Post a Comment