Wednesday 28 March 2012

Spring

Spring has arrived with a massive leap from snow at the end of last month to glorious sunshine and temperatures in the high teens today.

One moment I was busy with Streetlight Watch;  every couple of days between the Winter Solstice and March 1st I text a variety of people the time that the streetlight to the side of my house comes on... if you pause during your laughter here, may I just point out (not only does it have a dusk to dawn sensor) it is invaluable for SAD sufferers. Every few day I tell my 'followers' how many minutes of daylight have been gained - and the next it was blossom and bloom and bees everywhere. 

At a party recently a couple laughed until one of them cried when another party goer mentioned my Streetlight Watch. Later the one of the couple gave me her mobile no and asked me to include her at the end of this year (was she just trying to make amends for laughing so heartily!) 

Enjoy the sunshine and the blossom and blooms and the birds and the bees (ooh err) and feel the sap rising.


4 comments:

  1. I imagine you will all be wondering about my thrilling social life now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the website you need:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=297

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have missed the point! It's about interaction and human contact. It's like me baking a cake for you and and bringing it to you, rather than you going to Tesco to buy a mass produced (and possibily better looking)one.
    That site wouldn't text you on the 1st of March and say " Goodbye streetlight watch, I will miss you : )"

    ReplyDelete
  4. But the website would allow twice daily texts - sunrise as well as sunset! ;-)

    ReplyDelete