Wednesday 1 February 2012

On the buses

Using public transport is such a trial, it has always been a nuisance, waiting for buses that don't turn up, having to add an hour to even the shortest journey, but since the recession, the cuts, we now have no buses after 7 in the evening and no Sunday service. Two of my children have to work in the evening and some Sundays - there must be so many people who now can not get to or from work without walking miles.

Dogs are allowed on buses, occasionally I have to move to avoid having my leg sniffed - although to be frank I have had to move away from the odd person for similar reasons (why, often when there are very few people on the bus do the drunks and weirdos always head for me?)





On one particularly memorable trip a woman got on the bus with a large Alsatian and a puppy. She held the puppy on her lap and the dog lay by the seat. Shortly after we had set off the puppy was sick, straight onto the head of the larger dog. Their owner looked around, panic in her eyes, spotting the free newspapers she grabbed one and vigorously rubbed the dog's head. The grim, and by now quite pungent journey continued. The Alsatian, obviously aroused by the head rub, became hugely erect. I can't begin to describe my revulsion or the 'lipstick' that filled my gaze for the remainder of the journey. Eeww.    



No comments:

Post a Comment